Texas Department of Public Safety Links
Handgun Licensing Section
- Website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/.
- Contact via email: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/chl.aspx.
- Snail mail:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Handgun Licensing – MSC 0245
P.O. Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0001
- Telephone: (512) 424-7293.
- The 2015-2016 Law Book is available at http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-16.pdf.
- Cornered Cat: As in “Fight like a…” Particularly for women, but good for men too. Start with Dying of Embarrassment. Blog.
- Massad Ayoob, Wrote the book on self-protection.
- Texas Department of Public Safety Website.
- AWARE (Arming Women Against Rape and Endangerment). They offer a short Self-Protection Quiz and a Stalking Quiz.
- A Human Right. The Second Amendment through the camera of someone who grew up in Russia. Blog.
- A Self-Defense Guide for Senior Citizens by Ammo.com.
- A Woman’s Self-Defense Guide to Concealed Carry (CCW) by Ammo.com.
- How to Buy a Holster for Your Application, a comprehensive guide. Suggested by Laura.
- Are you ready to carry a concealed handgun in Texas? Take Larry Arnold’s CHL Quiz.
- TSRA-PAC: Texas news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Texas Concealed Handgun Association: License to Carry resources for Texas. Sign up to become a member.
- NRA-ILA: National news and email alerts. Sign up.
- Keep and Bear Arms.com: Daily updates with links.
- Texas3006.com: What locations are posting anti-LTC 30.06/30.07 signs? Where can you report a 30.06/30.07 sign you’ve noticed?
- Federal legislation: https://www.congress.gov/.
- Texas State Legislation: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/.
- The Government Printing Office website at http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aaces002.html provides access to federal agency regulations and other publications.
- How do your legislators vote? Visit Project Vote Smart.
- Legal Match: All about the legal right to bear arms
Finding Your Representatives
To Add A Link
Please send an email to email@example.com, which includes the link’s URL, as well as what category it falls under: Self-Defense, Current Events, Special Interests, Legislation or Organizations.